Wednesday, January 6, 2010

North Dakota's US Senator Byron Dorgan Will Not Run for Re-Election

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 5, 2010



Contact: Don Canton

(701) 328-2200



STATEMENT OF GOV. JOHN HOEVEN ON SEN. BYRON DORGAN’S ANNOUNCEMENT

THAT HE WILL NOT RUN FOR REELECTION



BISMARCK, N.D. – Gov. John Hoeven today issued the following statement in response to Sen. Byron Dorgan’s announcement that he will not run for reelection to the U.S. Senate:



“Sen. Byron Dorgan this afternoon announced that he will not run for reelection to the U.S. Senate this year. I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation for his almost 40 years of public service to the people of North Dakota. I am pleased that during that time I have had a positive working relationship with him. We have collaborated on issues important to our state and I have come to appreciate the time and energy he has devoted to his office. As he begins this new chapter in his life, I would like to wish him the best on his future endeavors.”



-###-

No comments: